Friday, March 7, 2008

"Grandpa Bob"


Ok so this may be a long post...My grandpa passed away last Tues, I got to talk a little at his funeral just about a memory I had of him but I have tons of memories so I am going to share them now, they might be kind of random but that is life!so... in Loving Memory of "Grandpa Bob", As I was driving to the hospital on Monday afternoon, I was trying to remember everything I could about grandpa, I didn't want to forget anything! I remember one time me and some cousins had been sleeping over at my grandparents house and my grandpa brought home the coolest gingerbread making kit, it had pre-made ginger bread men, with sprinkles and frosting... I just remember thinking that is was so cool of grandpa to bring this GREAT thing home for us!
-Grandpa used to bring flowers home to grandma everyday from work!!
-He had a funny old fashioned black lunch box that he took to work everyday.
-He liked peanut butter and a slice of cheese on his waffles, and i used to think it was so weird but now I like peanut butter on  mine..I still think the cheese part is weird.
-Grandpa would go get pizza everytime we slept over
-He could fix anything!! and I mean ANYTHING! We always knew who to call when something was broken
-HE loved to work in the yard and he loved to decorate for holidays, especially for Christmas, he always has the house decked out...even when he was older and couldn't get around as well.
-He had a funny little voice he would do to make us laugh when we were little.- he was an amazing rymer!! I have a poem my grandma gave me when i got married.. just a silly little one about Cheesey eggs, but i know my grandpa wrote it.
-Grandpa LOVED grandma to death...at the funeral the bishop talked and said that he had met with my grandma to learn a little more about Bob...so he asked her to tell him about him and she said, "He loved me" and it is so true he took such good care of her.. my husband even mentioned to me that for their age they were a very "Lovey Dovey" couple... it's so true.
I will my grandpa but I know he is happier and I am so thankful for the plan of salvation!

1 comment:

Silvia and Steven said...

Sorry about your grandpa aimee but it seems like you have a lot of memories that make you happy. I agree with you. It's very sad when a loved one passes away but the most comforting knowledge we can have is everything we know about the gospel and the about families being together forever. I love your blog really cute. Hope you are doing well. If you don't mind i am going to add your blog to mine. -Silvia