Thursday, October 14, 2010

Crazy Times with the Sims

It's been an exciting, crazy, last few months, so sorry for the long post, I've just got to do some catching up!!

In April we had a sad thing happen, Ben's aunt Karen passed away, it was very sudden and unexpected, we were sad to see such a classy fabulous lady go, it was and still is a very hard thing to think about for our family, but we are all happy to have the gospel in our lives so we know we will be able to see aunt Karen once again. She had a beautiful funeral, one of my favorite parts was when all her grand kids got up and sang 'you give me a kiss you give me a hug, you smile when you see me too, I wish every child in the whole wide world had a grandmother just like you!'

Shane and Dana went on a little vacation and we got to watch the 2 cute boys! We had so much fun with those boys, they are so funny. It was so nice and hot one day I decided to turn on the sprinklers and bring out the watermelon. We had a great time! I found out too that Fergie likes to run through the sprinklers as well!


We Celebrated Ben's BIG 28!! I think it was a hard one for him because he is just that much closer to 30!:)


In April we also found out about the little bundle of joy that is on her way. She came as a little bit of a surprise, but she is a GREAT Surprise! We are so excited for this little girl to come into our lives. We are both super nervous about being parents but we already love her so much we cannot wait! We were so expecting that this baby was going to be a Boy, I had already bought a few boy things and was just SURE it was a boy. But when we went in for the "BIG" ultra sound she said "its a Girl...." we both just sat there for a minute like what??? Really??? I have to be honest and tell you we were a little disappointed, I feel bad saying that because it is my baby but we were honestly quite shocked it wasn't a boy. It didn't take me long though to get over it, that same night when I came home from work I had a present sitting on the counter from my Mother and Father in Law, it was an adorable pink head band and a sweet card to go along with it. As soon as I saw that little pink bow and thought about being able to put it on her little head for the first time I was over the fact that she was a, she!
This has been an exciting journey so far, I love being pregnant, we have just recently started to be able to feel her kick from the outside. One of my favorite things to do now is get into bed early and wait to feel her kick. We had a very fun summer, we were able to spend a few days in Bear Lake with Ben's family, it was a nice relaxing vacation, we played in the pool a lot, ate tons of delicious food, and spent a day at the beach, it was just what we needed!!
When we were at the beach we decided to make Garrett into a mermaid!





In August , 8-9-10 to be exact we had a new addition to the Baldwin family. Shane and Dana had their 3rd baby! It was a girl this time, her name is Lundynn Shae, she is so beautiful and I know she will be spoiled & loved by her 2 big brothers!

This summer I went into the unknown and decided to bottle salsa all by myself! I've bottled before but I've always had someone there to pretty much do everything for me, so I decided I wanted to do it myself this year, and I did. I stayed up until 4am on a Friday night doing it, but I got it done. It turned out great by the way and tastes delish. It will hopefully last us the first part of the winter... I don't know though Ben can go through that salsa pretty fast!

I have an awesome boss who just happens to have season REAL tickets. He gave Ben and I a pair for one Saturday afternoon, and it was so fun! We got to eat a great dinner and the atmosphere was so fun, there was loud music playing the whole time, and people cheering, we had a great time.

4 comments:

Writer J said...

Aims! You looks so cute pregnant! Can't wait to see this little girl. She's sure going to be a cutie :)

The DeGiulio's said...

You look so cute Aimee! I dont think you should feel bad you were a little disappointed & like you said you got over it quickly. Cant wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

You are an adorable prego lady aimee!!! we need to get together!

Rachael said...

I keep meaning to tell you congrats when I see you at family parties! Hope you are feeling good. It will be so fun to have a girl! We're excited for you.